Tuesday, November 25, 2008

365 days...

That is what I have left to complete my 3rd decade of existence on this little rock we call Earth. Today wasn't really what I had been looking forward a few days ago, but I can't complain, it was really nice day, and I've got a very good twist on my mood with respect to the last couple of months (at least).

During this month I was supposed to take my qualifying exams, but close to the day of the test, my portfolio was reviewed, and I was told I needed to take a couple classes before I take the exams. Considering that my main concern this semester was the exams, it got me really frustrated and quite depressed to some extent. After that, I had one more thing that I was eager for, going for a week to NYC to spend some time with my sister, particularly, spend my birthday with her. Unfortunately, she got appointed to go to Brazil for a workshop. Of course, this got me even more frustrated and more depressed, although, it also brought me lots of pride to know that she will be representing Ecuador in a very important workshop and she had been appointed as the person that will do the best.

But it is said sometimes that things happen for a reason, and they did. I was thinking on doing this post a few days ago, but back then I was having a very negative perspective on things, mainly from the frustration I was having at the moment. But today, that is not the case, in fact I am looking things at a much more positive side. And it really wasn't a very special celebration, no really parties, or anything like that, in fact, the only difference from my usual routine was having some sushi and then hanging out for a while with friends.

As I said, things do happen for a reason sometime, and in this case, I think that the fact that my plans to go to NY were canceled, allowed me to realize that there are people around me that I can count on, even if they might not be aware of the difference that they can make. In a way, I think I need that push of things going really bad before getting better.

Many times, we are not aware of how much difference simple actions, or just a few words, can make on somebody's life. Today, I really want to thank all of you that, probably even thinking about it, had given me that much positive change of perspective. Deeply, thank you.

P.S. Sorry for the maybe circular post, it has been a bit hard to put it in words.

2 Comments:

Blogger EL EXTRANJERO said...

Fernandito, un feliz 2009. Hubieras venido a pasar con nosotros ya sabes aqui tienes familia y casa.Un abrazo.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Фаррух Ҷаббориён said...

Hi Fernando,

I can see that you are not posting here anymore. Soon there will be another birthday of yours, and if by then you are still here at Tallahassee, we could celebrate it together! Again congratulations, Dr. Sanchez with your PhD.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home