Monday, July 09, 2007

DONE!!!

About two years ago I started my Master's program at Computer Science Dpt. at Florida State University. Today, I have finally submitted my thesis, and so, finished my program. It does give a really satisfying sensation, specially after these past few weeks that I've been really stressed to finish writing and then defending my thesis.

Now that I've had a little more time to myself (at least before starting my Ph.D.) I've tried to catch up posting photos to my flickr page. In the next few days I will try to get my camera more often and make up for the time I haven't shoot much.

In my effort to make up for the time, last night, I was looking Jupiter at a telescope, and took a few low light shots. One interesting shot was this one:

Moving Planets


It is not much because of the picture itself, but if you see it at larger size, you can see the movement of Jupiter. The shot was taken at very low speed, and because of that, you can see how much Jupiter moved during that period of time. What I like about it is the relativity fact. When you are looking at the sky, there are no points of reference to see the movement, so it looks static, but in the picture you can tell that during a relatively short period of time, the planet did moved a large distance. Also in the shot, are several small stars that can be seen moving as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home