Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Hibernation and wireless

I'm writing this post running Knoppix Linux on my laptop. As many might know, I'm a linux user for a long time ago and as such, of course, I run it on my computer. It turns that I got hibernation to work (partly) after a long time of trying to get it correctly. It turned that I needed to turn off apic (not acpi which is for power management) on the bootloader. I haven't find the answer as to why that needs to be turned off, but it makes the trick :-) Anyways, I've been happy with hibernation for a couple of days now, but I'm still finding some tricks that I need to be careful/fix to get everything perfect. One of those is wireless network. On my last suspend I didn't turn off the wireless interface and when resuming the machine gave me a really bad oops and I got my fs corrupted, so I needed to reboot using knoppix and fix the file system (so that I can be doing something else while is working on it).

2 Comments:

Blogger DJ Were-Panda said...

had to mess with the hibernation, didn't you? Had to mess with the kernel god didn't you? couldn't just leave your laptop alone, couldn't you? (expecting a sentence that's not a question, aren't you?)

10:22 PM  
Blogger Fernando Sanchez said...

It's in my nature... my geeky nature, can't be happy with the things as they are.. I need to mess with the kernel and... well.. break things

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home