Thursday, March 16, 2006

Fulbright Enrichment Seminar, SFO 2006

I've been leaving this post behind a few days, after I came back from San Francisco I had few things to take care of, mostly for school, and just didn't get enough time to write about this, but well, here it is.

Perhaps I'll never have the chance to share such experience as the one in San Francisco, apart of the beuty of the city, there was something greater, 146 people from 70 different countries, all with different interestests in their academic life, but still all share one common idea, the hope of making this little piece of spacial matter we called Earth a better place to live in. It was just amazing to find so many people from so many countries, countries we sometime even remember or think of their existance in our small, short looking minds. And even that you might think that people around the globe are different you fell identified with so many points of view and characters from this rich group of people. There are too many names to list here of all the great people I got to meet, but all of them are people you know you will see doing great things soon.

When I first got my grant, what I thought was "yes, it's a very prestigous scholarship the one I have" but that was it... I was thinking more on what my actual academic program will mean. I've had two experiences with Fulbright, first in Ohio University, also amazing people there, and I got to learn a lot from them as well. That is when I started to realized what really I had been awarded, and it does make you fell special, because you think "if I was chosen to be here among all these great people, it has to mean something..." and that cheers you up, the only thought of that motivates you to do better everytime. I'm really glad I got the chance to assist and meet with such a great people, even that the time was to short to really get to know or meet all, but I know one day I'll look up in the news, or read about important people, and I'll be proud to say "hey, I met this person at the San Francisco Fulbright Seminar"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home