Sunday, December 10, 2006

Thank you TSA!

I went to Washington D.C. this weekend, when I got to the TLH regional airport, I realized that I packed everything except my passport. I was running kinda late for my flight, or at least right on time. Luckily I had with me my ID from Ecuador, and that being my only picture ID I had at the moment thought I was going to miss my flight. But no, it turns out that you can travel with any ID as long as it has a picture, your name and an expiration date. And that I think is one of the ironies regarding "security", since it is perfectly accepted the ID to get into a plane, but is not a valid document to verify that I am over 21 to get into a bar (or at least to some bars).

On the way back, of course, I didn't had my passport either, but I wasn't so worried about it since I knew wasn't a problem. In fact, the only problem I had on check-in was that the lady at the counter couldn't figure what was my first name and what was my last name, once that was clear, she found my reservation and I was good to go. Pass the security check, where you have to leave all the scissors, razor blades, and all those dangerous liquids like gatorade. As anybody who has been in airplanes after 9-11-2001 has seen those big boxes at that screening area where all these hazardous devices are kindly taken for everybody's security... but... to my surprised, I went to buy a bottle of water in one of the gift shops and to my surprise... you can carry scissors and needles that you buy on the "secure area".

For all that, THANK YOU TSA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home